Sunday 25 December 2011

ADESTE FIDELIS

Greetings, Love and Blessings
at
C H R I S T M A S T I D E

Away in a Manger

Immensity cloistered in thy dear womb,
Now leaves His well-belov'd imprisonment,
There He hath made Himself to His intent
Weak enough, now into the world to come;
But O, for thee, for Him, hath the inn no room?
Yet lay Him in this stall, and from the Orient,
Stars and wise men will travel to prevent
The effect of Herod's jealous general doom.
Seest thou, my soul, with thy faith's eyes, how He
Which fills all place, yet none holds Him, doth lie?
Was not His pity towards thee wondrous high,
That would have need to be pitied by thee?
Kiss Him, and with Him into Egypt go,
With His kind mother, who partakes thy woe.

Nativity, A Christmas Poem - John Donne


"God Bless Us, Everyone!"



Images: Christmas Crib in Venice by Brian Sibley; Brian & David by Nghiem Ta

8 comments:

Good Dog said...

Just in case the e-card reply didn't get to you (because I'm never sure with those things), I hope you and David have a wonderful Christmas.

I think my Christmas was a couple days ago when Caroline took me to visit Ray and Vanessa. So I'm just going to... laze. But I hope the day brings you everything you want and much more.

Best wishes

Paul x

Steven Hartley said...

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas, Brian.

Brian Sibley said...

GD & Steven – Thank you! And a very merry Christmas to you, too!

scb said...

Have a happy Christmas, Brian and David!

Wonderful photo of the two of you!


Beth
xoxo

Brian Sibley said...

SCB – That was us at the finale of our Dickens 'do'! Happy Christmas, Beth!

Arts and Crafts said...

...laeti triumphántes
Veníte, veníte in Béthlehem

Natum vidéte, Regem angelórum

Veníte adorémus, veníte adorémus
Veníte adorémus Dóminum.


¡¡Feliz Navidad Brian y David!!!

¡¡Que tengáis un día explendido!!
(Have a splendid day!!)

Brian Sibley said...

Latin words we sang at midnight mass just a few hours ago...

Feliz Navidad, Eudora!

SharonM said...

Lovely photo! Can David do the Putting on the Ritz routine?

I hope that you both have a wonderful Christmas!